General Lab Safety
General lab safety covers all UND laboratories regardless of the scope of work, hazardous materials, or equipment used.
- Laboratory Integrated Safety Plan (322 kb, pdf)
- Laboratory Safety Manual with the Chemical Hygiene Plan (~5 mb, pdf)
- Laboratory Safety Walk Through Program (243 kb, pdf)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Program (url)
- Laboratory Start-Up Procedure (168 kb, pdf) [Overview (58 kb, pdf)]
- Laboratory Close-Out Procedure (276 kb, pdf) [Overview (59 kb, pdf)]
- Laboratory Hood Procedure (455 kb, pdf) [Overview (66 kb, pdf)]
- Minors in Laboratories (url)
- Hazardous Materials / Dangerous Goods Shipping (url)
Training requirements are established by internal guidelines, regulatory agencies, and other oversight groups and is comprised of online (complyND) courses and in-person (Lab Specific) hands-on training. To have complyND training assigned, contact your PI, lab manager, or department complyND administrator.
The Training Needs Assessment form is used to determine the exact training requirements (depending on the lab's scope of work, the types of materials used, and the equipment operated), as well as identify potential training gaps.
- All in One Reference Document (Google Sheets)
- Signs, Labels, and Forms
- Start-Up Checklist (165 kb, pdf)
- Close-Out Checklist (167 kb, pdf)
- Close-Out Survey (194 kb, pdf)
- Lab R.A.T. [Risk Assessment Tool] (888 kb, .doc)
- Lab Emergency Action Plan SOP Templates
- Hazardous Materials Shipping Request Form (109 kb, pdf)
- FedEx Dry Ice Shipping Guidance (807 kb, pdf)
- Excepted Quantity HazMat Shipping Label (354 kb, pdf)