Welcome to the Worker’s Compensation Program. We would like to make this process as smooth as possible to help you get back to great health.
All employees injured on the job should report first to The Wellness Center for immediate care. A Report to the Wellness Center (85 kb, pdf) form should be completed and sent with the injured employee upon arrival to the Wellness Center. The Wellness Center may refer patients to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center on Douglas Rd for emergency care. If the Wellness Center feels your care is not an emergency but a specialist is recommended they will contact Risk Management and Safety for an approval to South Bend Orthopedics or another provider that is identified based on your injury.
The Wellness Center Hours of Operation:
7am to 7pm Monday – Friday
8 am - 12 noon Saturday
Pharmacy prescriptions and basic items such as braces, crutches and slings are filled at the Wellness Center on campus. If an item is not in stock or is a special fitted item, employees may use Northern Brace or call Risk Management and Safety for assistance at (574) 631-5037.
Our physical therapy provider is the Wellness Center. This is our only approved therapy provider. If a different physical therapy office is recommended during your care please contact Carla Gruse, RWCS, at (574) 631-7532.
How to Apply for Worker’s Compensation Coverage
All injuries require the First Report of Incident form to be submitted by your Supervisor. Shortly after submission, the employee's supervisor will receive a copy of the completed form via email.
All medical and salary claims are pending until this form is received and reviewed for coverage. All medical status forms relating to your work restrictions or time off work must be shared with your Supervisor immediately. This will keep your claim in good standing.
Risk Management & Safety Office
Carla Gruse, RWCS, Claims Program Manager, 636 Grace Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556 Ph (574) 631-7532
Mike McCauslin, Senior Associate Director, 636 Grace Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556 Ph (574) 631-5037
Common Provider Offices
- The Wellness Center and Pharmacy (574) 634-9355
- X-Rays – St. Liam's University Health Services
- MRI Provider – South Bend Orthopedics (574) 247-9441
- South Bend Orthopedics – South Bend Orthopedics (574) 247-9441
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Ctr. – Douglas Rd location ONLY
- Med Point 24 – 6913 N. Main St. Granger, IN (574) 647-1552
Med Point Update (190 kb, pdf)
-Provides initial care during Wellness Ctr. Closed Hours.
All follow up care should be scheduled at Notre Dame Wellness Ctr.
Worker's Compensation Forms and Information
- First Report of Incident
- Worker's Compensation Procedure Overview (395 kb, pdf)
- Worker's Compensation Procedure (384 kb, pdf)
- Worker's Compensation Letter (84 kb, pdf)
- Report to the Wellness Center (85 kb, pdf)
- Worker's Compensation Satisfaction Survey (61 kb, pdf)