The purpose of the Bloodborne Pathogens Control Plan is to ensure adequate protection for University of Notre Dame personnel against exposure to bloodborne pathogens. This control plan applies to all University of Notre Dame personnel whose work involves the reasonably anticipated exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIMs).
All personnel in a job classification with reasonably anticipated occupational exposure to blood or OPIMs shall participate in training at the time of initial assignment, and at least annually thereafter. Personnel shall also participate in training covering lab-specific procedures and whenever changes such as modification of tasks or procedures occur, there is an institution of new tasks or procedures affecting a person’s occupational exposure, or there are changes to the Bloodborne Pathogens Procedure. Bloodborne Pathogens training can be completed through complyND.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Checklist (89 kb, pdf)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Form (120 kb, pdf)
- Hepatitis B Declination (84 kb, pdf)
- Medical Surveillance form (86 kb, pdf)
- Physician Evaluation of Infectious Exposure (109 kb, pdf)
- Sharps Injury Log (162 kb, pdf)
The Bloodborne Pathogens Control Plan is in accordance with OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030.