Risk Management and Safety provides guidance and resource information for University faculty and staff who utilize controlled substances in teaching and research. Outlined are the compliance requirements with U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Indiana Board of Pharmacy. Compliance with federal and state regulations is accomplished by proper procurement, distribution, use, inventory, recordkeeping, storage and disposal of controlled substances used in research and teaching protocols.
All licensees and persons working under the licensee shall be familiar with and adhere to all federal and state controlled substances rules and regulations.
Licensees, or their designees, shall provide appropriate training to all Authorized Users working under the license.
This training shall include a review of this procedure and safety information specific to the substance and application.
- Controlled Substance Program Checklist (245 kb, pdf)
- Controlled Substance Form Checklist (204 kb, pdf)
- Facility Inspection Preparation Checklist (159 kb, pdf)
- DEA Application Checklist (1 mb, pdf)
- Controlled Substance Authorized User List (164 kb, pdf)
- Biennial Physical Drug Inventory (174 kb, pdf)
- Controlled Substance Use Storage Letter (261 kb, pdf)
- Physical Inventory Form (187 kb, pdf)
- Record of CS Administered or Dispensed (196 kb, pdf)
- Record Receipt Log (168 kb, pdf)
- Indiana Board of Pharmacy Application Instructions (321 kb, pdf)
- Instructions For Ordering Controlled Substances (166 kb, pdf)
- Definitions (176 kb, pdf)