The OSHA Laboratory Standard’s intent is to ensure that laboratory personnel are apprised of the hazards of the chemicals in their work area, and that appropriate work practices and procedures are in place to protect laboratory personnel from chemical health and safety hazards.
- Laboratory Safety Manual with the Chemical Hygiene Plan (~1 mb, pdf)
- Storage and Disposal of Time Sensitive Chemicals Procedure (165 kb, pdf)
- Storage and Disposal of Time Sensitive Chemicals Procedure Overview (156 kb, pdf)
- Flammable/Combustible Liquid and Compressed Gas Handling/Storage Procedure (290 kb, pdf)
- Flammable/Combustible and Compressed Gases Handling Procedure Overview (138 kb, pdf)
- Safe Handling of Dry Ice Procedure (113 kb, pdf)
- Dry Ice Procedure Overview (171 kb, pdf)
Initial training for those working in laboratories with chemicals is RMS Laboratory Safety Parts 1,2 and 3 in complyND. Laboratory Safety Refresher in complyND is required annually thereafter.
- Chemical Handling and Storage
- RMS Safety Guidelines for Minors Working in Labs (81kb, pdf)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Task Based PPE Templates
- Risk Assessment
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)Template (228kb. pdf)