The OSHA Laboratory Standard’s intent is to ensure laboratory personnel are apprised of the hazards of the chemicals in their work area, and that appropriate work practices and procedures are in place to protect laboratory personnel from chemical health and safety hazards.
- Laboratory Safety Manual with the Chemical Hygiene Plan (~1 mb, pdf)
- Storage and Disposal of Time Sensitive Chemicals Procedure (165 kb, pdf)
- Flammable/Combustible Liquid and Compressed Gas Handling/Storage Procedure (316 kb, pdf)
- Minors in Laboratories (url)
- Safe Handling of Dry Ice Procedure (113 kb, pdf)
- Hazardous Waste Procedure (url)
- Initial training for those working in laboratories with chemicals is RMS Laboratory Safety Parts 1, 2, and 3 in complyND.
- Laboratory Safety Refresher in complyND is required annually thereafter.
- Lab Specific Training:
- Chemical Specific Training is the responsibility of the PI.
- Topics required in Chemical Specific Training include, but are not limited to:
- Chemical and Physical Properties
- Hazard(s) Properties
- Controls to Mitigate Risk
- Required PPE
- Signs and Symptoms of Exposure
- Adverse Condition(s) Response (Spills, Exposure, Etc.)