Property Insurance

The University maintains property insurance for all real and personal property owned or leased by the University on a global basis.  Coverage is included for:

  • Buildings
  • Personal Property (contents including furniture, fixtures and equipment)
  • Builder's Risk (property under construction)
  • EDP Media
  • Boiler and Machinery

Coverage is provided on a comprehensive basis with replacement cost coverage for perils including:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Windstorm
  • Hail
  • Earthquake (limitations apply)
  • Flood (limitations apply)
  • Terrorism

Coverage is not provided for property individually owned by faculty, staff or students, regardless of use or location at the time of loss. 

The University's property insurance program includes a $5,000 internal deductible. The deductible is the responsibility of the department or division sustaining loss or damage to property.

In the event of a loss, departments and individuals are responsible for reporting the claim to RMS. For additional information, please refer to the Internal University Property Loss Claim Procedure (231 kb pdf).

Questions regarding the University's property insurance program should be directed to the Risk Management and Safety Department or