The University of Notre Dame strives to make the research and teaching environment one in which hazards are known and the associated risks are minimized by proper procedures, protocols and equipment. RMS works in partnership with faculty, staff, and students to promote safe and healthful laboratory environments that will support both the University's teaching and research missions.
It is the University’s intention to protect the health and safety of students, employees and the public by providing access to information regarding the safe handling of chemicals and other hazards that are present in the workplace.
- Laboratory Integrated Safety Plan (192 kb, pdf)
- Laboratory Safety Manual with the Chemical Hygiene Plan (~1 mb, pdf)
- Laboratory Safety Walk Through Program (164 kb, pdf)
All personnel who work in laboratories with hazardous materials or physical hazards must complete Laboratory Safety Fundamentals Parts 1, 2 and 3 in complyND initially. Lab Safety Refresher training is required annually after the initial training.
Faculty are required to take Faculty Lab Safety Training annually after completing the initial lab safety training program.
Special hazards in the lab may require additional training.
Please visit our Training page for more information on complyND.
Laboratory Safety and PPE Equipment Links
- LISP Schedule by Department (85 kb, pdf)
- LISP Schedule by Lab (224 kb, pdf)
- Joint Assessment Working Document (164 kb, pdf)
- LISP Joint Assessment Tool (160 kb, xlsx)
- Joint Assessment and Risk Leveling Flow Process (70 kb, pdf)
- Eligible Lab List for Walk-Throughs (158 kb, pdf)
- Laboratory Safety Walk-Through Assessment (47 kb, pdf)
- Laboratory Safety Walk-Through Report (18 kb, xlsx)